Contact Family Chiropractic and Athlete Care Today to experience the benefits of Acupuncture.
We offer same day appointments and we are open late.
Acupuncture Can Help with:
- Neck and Back Pain
- Postural Problems and Tension
- Arm Pain ( Shoulder Impingements, tennis or golfer's elbow)
- Buttock and Leg Pain (Including Sciatica)
- Sport Injuries
5 Mechanisms For Understanding How Acupuncture Works
1. Local Effects
- Acupuncture promotes local healing by increase blood flow to injured area
2. Segmental Analgesia
- Acupuncture reduces pain in the segment where the needles are inserted by stopping pain signals from the local nerves.
3. Extrasegmental Analgesia
- Acupuncture reduces pain throughoout the body by sending signals to the brain to promote the body's own pain-supressing mechanisms.
4. Central Regulatory Effects
- Acupuncture has a calming effect and improves wellbeing because it reaches deeper structures within the brain.
5. Myofascial Trigger Points
- Acupuncture inactivates trigger points in the muscles to help muscles that have been injured by overuse.
Combining Chiropractic and Acupuncture
Cooksville Chiropractor, Dr. Da Silva will also combine chiropractic and acupuncture when treating a patient. Using the two techniques can approach a problem from multiple angles, potentially reducing recovery time, improving overall function and health.
The two forms of treatment work together to balance your nervous system from the inside and out. Since all processes in our body are regulated by the nervous system, a healthy nervous system means a healthy you.
Acupuncture treatment is a natural way to help relieve pain and discomfort, promote proper functioning, and stimulate the body’s own natural healing abilities. Cooksville Mississauga chiropractor, Dr. Da Silva is going to work with you to come up with a treatment plan that will best suit your needs, address your ailments, and provide the best outcome for your overall health.
What Is Acupuncture?
The use of very fine needles inserted into specific points on the body to help treat musculoskeletal conditions. The benefits are decreased pain, decreased muscle tension, and improved function; as well, it is great to treat common sports injuries and to optimize athletic performance.